We eat a lot of chicken (especially b/s thighs) so always looking for new ways to make them! Found online...
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the flour, salt and paprika in a large plastic bag. Sprinkle lime juice over the chicken thighs, then place them in the bag. Shake pieces around until completely coated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook just until browned on each side.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Mix together the brown sugar and lime zest; sprinkle over the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth and white wine into the pan. Sprinkle mint over the top
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Chicken should be cooked through and juices will run clear.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved this chicken. The lime was very subtle and the chicken moist and tender. I used chicken breast pieces- just allowed them to cook slightly longer in the pan before placing in the baking dish. Used fresh mint and lime for a great blend of flavours. Photo also being posted. Made for January 2013 Recipe Swap in the Aus/NZ Forum.Reply
This goes into my best of the best file! Delicious!!! It's so easy, too. The lime balances the brown sugar perfectly. I omitted the mint (personal preference) and used bnl sknl chicken breasts instead of thighs. The chicken broth and wine give the chicken some subtle flavors while helping to keep the chicken juicy. This is absolutely fabulous and I will be making it often. Made for the Football Pool in the Cooking Tag Games forum.Reply
see 8 more