Lime Cumin Marinade for Chicken or Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together well in small bowl.
- Adjust seasoning if desired.
- Place chicken or shrimp in ziplock bag and pour in marinade.
- For shrimp- marinate no longer than 1 hour.
- For chicken- marinate no longer than 4 hours.
- (The reason for the shortened marinating time is that the lime starts to"cook" the meat or seafood.) Grill!
Join The Conversation
This is delicious! We halved the recipe for a pound of shrimp and marinated it for almost 1 hour. The shrimp had started to "cook", but they were perfectly done when we grilled them - they were moist and flavorful, and we scattered them over grilled veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, and onions that we'd tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper). What a great meal! I made the marinade about 1 hour ahead of time, to let the flavors develop and I'm pretty sure I added more red pepper flakes than this called for, but it was perfectly spiced for us - a nice heat, without being overpowering. The amount of cumin was also perfect - added a nice dimension of flavor without being overpowering. We'll be using this marinade a lot over the summer for grilled meats and veggies - thanks, Just Call Me Martha!