Light Chicken Tetrazzini
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 lb cooked chicken, chopped (your pick--breast, thighs, etc.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 (8 ounce) packages presliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook pasta (omit salt and fat).
- In a large nonstick skillet, add onion powder, sherry, and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook until mushrooms are tender (about 4 minutes).
- Drain off about half of the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, milk, sour cream, cheese, and soup.
- Add salt, pepper, pasta, chicken, and mushroom mixture to soup mixture.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and butter in a small cup, tossing to combine.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over pasta mixture.
- Bake at 450 derees for about 12 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!