LET’S TALK TURKEY CRANBERRY CHILI #Ragu
photo by Bjeste
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups per serving
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground lean mild italian seasoned turkey sausage
- 5 slices center cut maple flavor bacon, diced (small dice)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (small dice)
- 1 cup finely diced celery (include some leaves-diced)
- 1 (1 lb) jar 8 oz. Ragú® Pasta Sauce, chunky tomatoes, Garlic 'n Onion sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red chili beans in mild chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, with cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the turkey until no longer pink, breaking up the turkey while stirring. Transfer turkey, using a slotted spoon, to a large saucepan. Return skillet to medium-high heat and add bacon, onion and celery. Cook, stirring often until bacon lightly browns and onion and celery soften-about 5 to 6 minutes. Add skillet mixture to turkey then stir in the Ragu sauce, chili beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, cranberry sauce, chili powder and salt. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and stir until mixture bubbles. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes for flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle chili into bowls, top with shredded cheese and cilantro leaves.
- For Ragu Recipe Contest.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!