I love lentils. They are a wonderful source of fiber and I use them in many dishes. Canned lentils are a great time-saver, and this salad can be ready in just a few minutes. It can be easily doubled or tripled, so it’s perfect to take along to a picnic or add to a buffet table.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 small green onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or a little less if you like sour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Prepare vegetables.
- Combine first four items in a salad bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well and pour over salad. Marinate for 30 minutes before serving at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved the salad! I had to make some adjustments based on ingredients on hand. Dried French Lentils were cooked till tender and used in place of the canned and the zucchini squash became a small summer squash. The salad was served topped with crumbled feta cheese, sliced tomatoes and poppodums. A very nice dinner. Made for Aussie Swap.Reply