Lemon Tart With Oatmeal Cookie Crust
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for the top
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cane sugar and butter. Mix well. Add the oats and cut in with a fork or pastry blender until well blended.
- Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9″ tart pan.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Place sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk well together. Add cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust and return to oven until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Insert a butter knife into the filling; if it comes out clean, the filling is ready.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner