Lemon-Scented Crispy Chicken Thighs, Potatoes & Baby Carrots
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 baguette, cubed
- 12 ounces small red new potatoes, halved
- canola oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 12 ounces heirloom baby multi-colored carrots (or supermarket baby carrots, scrubbed and tops removed)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 small bunch fresh lemon thyme (or thyme sprigs)
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cubed baguette on a sheet tray and bake 10 minutes to dry out. Reserve.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of simmering water and simmer until you just take the bite off, 10 minutes (we will cook these again in the skillet). Remove and reserve.
- Turn up the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a 14-inch heavy-bottomed skillet on high and coat with canola oil. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken skin-side down, working in batches if needed, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet, reserving all of the fat in the pan.
- Add the onions, sprinkle with salt and sweat until translucent and softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the baguette cubes, reserved potatoes and carrots, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the lemon wedges and lemon thyme. Toss all the ingredients in the fat with an additional glug of oil if needed. Arrange the thighs on top and place in the oven until the thighs reach 160 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!