Lemon Pound Cake - Weight Watcher Friendly
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 ounce light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- poppy seed (and or or grated lemon rind)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Cake: In a food processor in in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, oil, cream cheese, lemon rind, and poppyseeds until smooth. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda; into cream cheese mixture, alternately stir flour mixture and sour cream, making three additions of each. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Icing: In a food processor or in a bowl and using an electric mixer, beat all icing incredients together. Spread over top of cake. Garnish with poppyseeds and/or lemon rind.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!