Lemon Pepper Pasta With Capers
I discovered this recipe on the web while searching for something else. This one sounded better than what I was looking for. : ) The computer wouldn't allow me to specify the name brand of the pasta needed for this recipe...........you must use Trader Joes, as noted.
- Ready In:
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta (Traders Joes Lemon Pappadelle Pasta)
- Slowly cook the garlic and lemon zest in the butter and oil, in a heavy saut pan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently to keep the garlic from browning.
- When the garlic is soft, add the broth and turn the heat to high.
- Simmer until reduced by at least one half, and add the cream and capers.
- Turn the heat back to medium and simmer until thick and syrupy. Taste and season.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to directions (2 quarts of salted water, 8-10 minutes).
- Drain and toss with a dribble of olive oil.
- Pour the cream sauce over and toss.
- Serve immediately.