Lemon or Lime Pie Paletas (Popsicles)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Based on a recipe from dallasnews.com featuring the fun new book Paletas, a book of recipes for Mexican ice pops by Fany Gerson. Recipe originally published in The Dallas Morning News on August. 17, 2011.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (or lime zest)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely crushed (optional)
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half, juice, zest and salt in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- If using conventional molds, divide the mixture among the molds, snap on the lid and freeze until solid, about 8 hours.
- If using small paper cups, freeze until pops are beginning to set (1-1/2 to 2 hours), then insert the sticks and freeze until solid, about 8 hours.
- If using an instant ice pop maker, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To serve as Mexican Lemon or Lime Pie Paletas, remove from molds and press or roll pops into finely crushed graham cracker crumbs spread on a plate!
- Serve immediately before they melt!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION