Lemon - Herb Green Beans
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan cook beans, uncovered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for 7 minutes.
- (OR you may steam the green beans).
- Drain; return beans to sauce pan.
- Stir in butter, basil,oregano,and lemon peel.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Season to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Like Derf, i didn't have the lemon to get the zest from and had to sub in lemon juice which is just not the same but all in all was great. Used some steam in bag frozen green beans and they seemed to work well as well. There was none left so I'll assume they were a success though I'd like to try it with the zest instead of lemon juice as I'm sure it improves it. Served with garlic onion mashed potatoes and honey dijon porkchops the tang was a great compliment to the richness of the potatoes and the sweet of the chops!
love these green beans! sorry I mixed this up with another recipe I was reviewing! We did love these green beans, but I didn't have a fresh lemon, so I added some bottled lemon juice to the water the beans were cooked in, it worked very well, but look forward to doing the recipe again with the proper lemon. Lovely way to serve green beans and I will be making them again, thanks for posting!!
see 2 more reviews