- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 lemons, juice of, about a 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream, whipped stiff
- strawberry, for garnish
- Beat whole eggs and yolks until light and frothy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until thick.
- Add zest.
- Soften gelatin in lemon juice and dissolve over hot water.
- When cool, add to egg mixture, beating well.
- Fold in whipped cream and pour into a 1 quart mold or bowl.
- Chill about 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold and serve with garnish of berries or whipped cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>