Lemon Chickpea Quinoa Burger
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until well combined and fairly smooth. Shape mixture into 4 equal-sized patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Grill patties with lid closed for 8 to 10 min., flipping once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a pretty tasty meatless burger! I don't care for onion so left it out, otherwise made as directed. I did process until smooth and I think maybe I will leave the mixture a little chunkier next time. It held together nicely on the grill (charcoal) and that added a great flavor; I think I'd like to try it pan-fried sometime too for a little moister crunch on the outside. All in all a tasty burger that we enjoyed with dijon mustard, lettuce and tomato - thanks for sharing the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a now vegan who used to make one heck of a souvlaki. I love cooking, I was a huge fan of Moosewood and Molly Katzen prior to going vegan (although that has nothing to do with my choosing the name Katzen - that's just what my German Grandma has called me all my life.) Aside from cooking, I also love scuba diving, cycling, politics, and reading.