- Ready In:
4 chicken breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Combine lemon juice, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, and oregano.
- Mix well. Can be made earlier in the day and refrigerated, and re-mixed prior to adding to the chicken.
- Pierce chicken beasts with a fork twice on each side.
- Combine chicken and marinade and let sit at room temperature (or refrigerated) for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ or Oven to 400 degrees. Cook on BBQ 8 minutes each side, or in oven approximately the same on a broiler pan to allow any fat or marinade to escape (time for both BBQ and Oven can differ from these times (i.e. BBQ - outside temp can affect the internal heat of the BBQ. General rule is to cook until juices run clear.
- ***This can also be made on an indoor grill if you have one. I've done that and it turned out great. You can probably broil it but I've never tried.
Join The Conversation
Made for I Recommend Tag. This is wonderful chicken and has a bright lemon flavor. My DD couldn't stop raving about it. We used six boneless skinless thighs (my favorite piece of chicken) instead of breasts. The only change that I would make to this recipe next time I make it would be to add a little bit of salt to the marinade. Thanks for posting this Chef at Heart!
My BF and I liked the tanginess of the lemon with the sweetness of the brown sugar. I didn't have any chicken breasts so I used thighs and drumsticks... We like dark meat better anyway!!! The only other thing I did differently was add in about 1 TBS of lemon zest. Marinated for about 1hr and then grilled them on the BBQ... The skin crisped up so nice b/c of the sugar caramelizing... I spritzed it with a little more lemon juice right before serving... so yummy!!! Served it with some wild rice and a green salad for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing!