Lemon Buttermilk Chicken
photo by Lorac
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- Combine marinade ingredients in a deep dish.
- Add chicken and marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Combine the crumb ingredients.
- Drain chicken from marinade and press into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixed with the juice of 2 limes and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved the idea of this but I baked mine in the oven & it didn't really turn out as hoped. It was quite dry, possibly not the recipes fault as I didn't follow thr directions for cooking so not posting with stars just a comment. Thanks for posting anyway, is always nice to try something new even if it doesn't work sometimes!!
Nice taste with the surprise of the lemon shining through. I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and baked them at 375 for about 35 minutes. I breaded the chicken and then sprinkled on the seasoning and shredded parmesan cheese. It sticks to the dish so best to spray the dish or use release aluminum foil.
Delicious! I cut up a whole chicken, soaked it in the marinade (no lemon, didn't have any) for 1.5 hours. Pressed the pieces really hard into the breadcrumbs (no chives) so that it'll stick to the chicken and then popped it into the oven as I don't like frying. Baked at 180C for about 25 mins. Very tender and juicy. Thanks for posting!
Excellent! Tender moist chicken flavored with mustard and lemon with a coating of fresh bread crumbs, fresh chives and grated Parmesan cheese. I made half the recipe as directed using 3 boneless breast halves. I did not make the mayo topping. The delicate yet sublime flavor shines on it's own. Thanks Terese, this goes into my "book of special tricks" !