Lemon Broccoli & Tuna Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces 100% duram semolina medium pasta shells
- 1 -2 ounce broccoli floret, cooked drained, and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing, creamy Store Bought
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can prime fillet albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Boil Broccoli Florets in small amount of boiling water that has been salted for approximately 10-15 minutes, covered. Rinse cooked broccoli under cold running water in sieve to drain fully, and set aside once florets are completely cooled. Next, cook pasta as directed on package (al dente is 10-12 minutes). Once pasta is cooked al dente style, remove from heat, and drain – cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix Caesar dressing, sour cream, olive oil, lemon zest & juice. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix well.
- Place cooled pasta in medium size mixing bowl, add dressing mixture, tuna (fork flake to smaller chunks), broccoli florets, cheese, and cherry tomatoes; mix lightly to incorporate dressing mixture throughout, but not to brake down tuna chunks, florets further. Serve immediately or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the Director of Sales for the Embassy Suites Hotel in Brunswick, GA ~ which has currently undergone major renovations (now we are the BEST Hotel in Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia - MOST definitely!) I LOVE to cook / bake - create recipes - using great starter recipes where my creative juices flow into other areas - I am really surprising myself how good a cook I am becoming - (as well as my hubby) :-)