Lemon-Basil Chicken Burgers
- Ready In:
2-4 1/4 to 1/2 lb burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 -7 saffron strands
- hamburger bun, whole grain
- fresh basil
- hamburger, toppings
- olive oil
- Warm lemon juice. Add saffron threads. Let set aside to sit for at least 10 minutes until bright yellow.
- Empty ground chicken into a mixing bowl. Add egg white, crushed garlic, black pepper, sea salt, and dried basil. Add the lemon juice/saffron mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Separate the meat mixture into patties of desired size.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a pan or skillet and grill the ground chicken patties until cooked all the way through (you may want to use a meat thermometer).
- Serve on toasted whole grain hamburger buns with fresh basil as a topping, along with any other hamburger toppings you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!