Lemon and Garlic Filo Chicken
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 onion, very finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 125 g melted butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, half the garlic, oregano, sage and half the emmental together. Add a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter and the remainder of the garlic.
- Place one sheet of filo pastry on the work surface and brush with the butter mix. Place another sheet of pastry directly on top and brush with more butter.
- Position a breast of chicken one-third of the way from the short end of the pastry. Spoon half the mayonnaise mixture on top.
- Fold up the short end of the pastry over the chicken, then fold in the two long sides. Roll the chicken to form a parcel.
- Repeat to make a second parcel and place both on a baking tray (or I prefer to use a large flat glass dish).
- Brush the top of each with any remaining butter and sprinkle on the remaining emmental.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the chicken cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!