Leftover Pork Casserol
photo by vumbox
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 cups pork
- 2 cups broccoli florets, frozen
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Place skillet on medium-low heat. Add a tablespoon of butter.
- Peeled and coarsely chopped the onion into bite size pieces. Coarsely chop the celery. Add to the skillet. Stirring occasionally as it cooks.
- While onions and celery are cooking, break up the broccoli into florets. Add more if you like lots of broccoli. Cube the pork into bite-size pieces. Place these into a casserole dish.
- Mix the soup, milk and Worchester sauce together.
- When the celery and onions are partially cooked and the onions have begun to caramelize slightly, add to casserole dish. Poor soup mixture into casserole dish and mix together.
- Cook in 350 oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until bubbling and starting to brown along the edges.
- Meanwhile mix rice and water together. Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat until all water is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- NOTE: You can also reduce the water by 1/2 cup and add the rice and the 1.5 cups water to the casserole dish, cover it and cook at 350 for one hour. This will allow the soup to flavour the long grain rice.
- Serve casserole on the rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>What can I say? I have been dabbling in the Kitchen for about thirty years and have gone from making Kraft Dinner to preparing international cuisine. Though my cooking skills are far from perfect, I have had a few compliments on the meals that I have provided. I enjoy cooking especially when cooking for friends. I have chosen to post my favourite recipes here on Recipezaar for those who wish to make them and for the friends who keep asking for them! Enjoy!</p>