- Ready In:
- 8 kaiser rolls, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 cup milk, warm
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 liters water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- breadcrumbs, dry
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef consomme
- 375 g beef liver
- parsley, chopped
- Put the bread sliced into a bowl add 1 tsp salt and pour over the milk. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Sauté onion and the chopped parsley in the butter for about 4-5 minutes Set aside.
- Pass the liver through a mincer and mix with the bread mix, the onion mix, eggs, majoram and pepper. Mix well so all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Put a pan on the stove and bring the water and 1/2 tsp salt to the boil and turn heat down so the water is just simmering.
- Stir onion & parsley, liver, eggs, marjoram and pepper into bread mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- The first dumpling will be the test: take 1 tsp of liver mixture and form into a neat oval using 2 teaspoons Drop into the water, if it falls apart add some dry bread crumbs and work it into the dumpling mix. If it holds it shape continue on and form 8 dumplings from the mixture and drop into the boiling water and simmer for about 20 minutes uncovered.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Heat the beef consume and serve with the dumplings and sprinkle with the parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making