Lebanese Laban Bil Bayd (Eggs in Yogurt Garlic Sauce)
This is usually a first course dish. If you wish do the eggs in individual dishes just make sure you divide the yogurt and garlic sauce evenly The cooking time includes the time to make the cooked yogurt. The "Lebanese Laban Mutboukh (Cooked Yogurt)" recipe is #18138.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 laban mutboukh (see $notetemplate1$)
- 3 to taste garlic, crushed
- 1 salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1⁄4 cup clarified butter
- 6 eggs
- Make the cooked yogurt and leave to simmer.
- Crush the garlic with 1/2 tsp salt and blend in the mint (crush the mint so it is a course powder).
- Heat the clarified butter in a fry pan and add the garlic mixture, stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cooked yogurt into a shallow ovenprrof dish.
- Break the eggs and place them evenly on the yogurt (careful not to break the eggs).
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over the eggs and bake for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked (hard).