Lazy Fresh Apple Crisp (No-Bake)
- Ready In:
- 1 apple (I prefer Gala or Granny Smith, but you can use whatever you like)
- drizzle honey (optional) or agave nectar (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cloves or 1/16 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup oats (Old fashioned or quick cooking both work well)
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄8 cup sliced almonds or 1/8 cup chopped walnuts, Pecans
- 1. Clean & chop apple into chunks. (I usually quarter the apple, then slice the quarters into 1/2" bites.).
- 2. Place apple chunks in a small bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cloves, or allspice. Stir to distribute spices.
- 3. You may drizzle honey or agave over the apples if desired. Stir. (It helps the oats & nuts to stick a little better, but I've made it without before and it's fine.)
- 4. Add in raisins, dates (and/or whatever dried fruit you may like), and nuts. The above quantities are just a guess, I usually just use a handful of raisins & nuts.
- 5. Stir & enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in northwestern Pennsylvania with my husband (of almost three years) and three crazy cats. I am interested in healthy, low-sodium recipes using as many natural ingredients as possible. I always love recipes that are quick & easy. I work full-time at a radio office and don't have much time to devote to weeknight meals.