Lavender Creme Brulee (Ww)
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring milk, ginger and lavender to a boil. Remover from heat and cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Pour mixture through a sieve over a bowl, pressing on the solids. Discard solids.
- In a bowl whisk together 1/3 cup sugar and egg and yolks for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in hot milk mixture until blended.
- Divide mixture among 6 custard cups or ramekins and place them in a shallow roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of custard cups.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Transfer custard cups to rack and cool completely.
- Chill covered until set (at least 4 hours but can make these ahead and refrigerate for up to 3 days).
- To serve and make topping; preheat broiler and srpinkle custards evenly with 4 teaspoons sugar and place on bottom of broiler pan. Broil for 2-5 mintues (5 inches from heat). Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh lavender if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great treat! To make this more diabetic friendly, I used Splenda in the custard, and skipped the sugar topping in the serving for the diabetic, and topped it with sugar-free Cool Whip. The other servings, I did the sugar topping and it was a hit. A nice little "crunch" on the soft custard. The lavender and ginger are subtle, but delicious! Thanks for this keeper.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>