Lancaster County Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot (about 1 medium)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) soup cans water
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium egg noodles, broken in pieces
- Mix thoroughly beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt, and pepper; shape into 24 meatballs. In large heavy pan, brown meatballs; pour off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are done. Stir occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food! I collect cookbooks and recipes and read them the way most people read novels. I have no children but I have two cats who also love to eat. I am also a movie buff and one of my biggest pet peeves is when people talk during a movie!