MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 lb ground lamb
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, with liquid
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup half-and-half (milk & cream) or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb dry linguine
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Chop or crush tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion until translucent.
- Boil water for pasta.
- Add lamb to onion, breaking up clumps. Cook until no longer red, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to lamb and onions. Simmer.
- (This is where you can stop and freeze for a couple of weeks or keep covered in fridge for a few days. If you do this, reheat and then continue from here.).
- Boil pasta (I think fresh would be good, too).
- Add cream, or half-and-half or milk to lamb/tomato pan. Salt and pepper as needed. Cook until sauce is thick, but not dry.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce some cheese. Serve extra cheese at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation