- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla can be substituted)
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 average sized baking sheets with parchment paper. You must use parchment paper and not use butter or shortening or spray, it will still stick to your pan. Mark parallel lines across the width of the parchment about 4 inches apart.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar on medium-high speed until the mixture is thick, pale yellow and has tripled in volume (about 8 minute). In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks have formed. Carefully fold egg whites, flour, salt and almond extract into the yolk and sugar mixture until everything is completely incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Fill a large pastry bag with the mixture. Cut tip of pastry bag making the tip 3/4 inch. Pipe fingers about 4 1/2 inches in length onto the baking sheet, using your pre-drawn lines as a guide. Bake in oven for 15 - 18 minutes, or just until firm on the outside and soft in the center. After removing from oven, while still warm, lightly dust your lady fingers with powdered sugar.
- Serving size = 2 lady fingers. One serving = 1 WW point.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!