Popular Asian vegetable dish. Goes well with a meat curry.
- Ready In:
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 lb okra
- 4 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped and with liquid
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- Liquidise 1 of the onions with the garlic, pepper, salt, coriander and turmeric.
- In a pan melt the ghee and fry the remaining onion till golden. Add the liquidised onion mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut the okra in half crossways, gently add this to the pot so as not to break them up too much. Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mint and garam masala and cook for another 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION