- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 kg whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2⁄3 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons corn oil or 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons flaked desiccated coconut
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Mix turmeric powder, red chili powder, garlic paste, salt and lime juice with yogurt.
- Add the chicken pieces to the mixture and marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves. black pepper and chopped onions. Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add coconut flakes and stir till they turn very light brown .
- Add tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool the mixture and puree it to get the Kolhapur masala.
- In another pan, heat oil and add the marinated chicken to it along with the marinade. Cook for 25 minutes on low heat. Stir frequently.
- Add the pureed paste and simmer on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or tandoori roti.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">