Kitrón (Greek Lemon Liquor from Naxos)
- Ready In:
- 288hrs 30mins
- Wash lemons and lime under ho water.
- Thinly peel them, avoiding the white part of the peel because it would make the liquor bitter.
- Place the peel in a glass bottle or jar, fill in the Ouzo, seal the bottle and let stand in a cool lace for 12 days, shaking the bottle every now and then.
- On day 13, heat water and sugar, bring to a rolling boil and boil for 3 minutes, then let cool completely.
- Slowly pour ouzo from the bottle through a sieve lined with cheese cloth into a clean jar, then mix with sugar syrup and fill into a clean bottle.
- The liquor will keep forever in the unlikely case that you don't drink it -- .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!