King Prawn Butterfly
This is a delicious starter recipe from my book named, 'The Curry Crunch' where mildly spiced king prawns are coated with bread crumbs and fried. The king prawns used in this recipe weigh approximately 50g each. You can order the book from: www.thecurrycrunch.co.uk
- Ready In:
- 8 king prawns, headless
- 60 g breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- oil, for frying
- 1. Peel and remove the veins from the King prawns, make a deep cut along the belly of the king prawns, open it out and press it down so it becomes flat. Take extra care not to slice all the way through when cutting the prawns. Wash and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- 2. Place the King prawns in a bowl, add the garlic & ginger paste, secret mix powder, garden mint sauce and pinch of salt. Mix together well.
- 3. Dip the king prawns in the beaten egg, then coat with the bread crumbs and deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot with salad and mint sauce.