King Arthur's Sandwich Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a repost from the King Arthur Flour website, it's a delicious and easy sandwich bread that doesn't use any strange ingredients ^_^
- Ready In:
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast (or one envelope)
- Proof the yeast in a bit of warm water and sugar, unless you use instant or quick-rise yeast. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased surface and knead it for 6 to 8 minutes, or until it begins to become smooth and supple. (You may also knead this dough in an electric mixer or food processor, or in a bread machine set to the dough or manual cycle). Add a bit of additional milk or flour if needed— the dough should be soft, but not sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover, and allow it to rise till puffy though not necessarily doubled in bulk, about 1 hour, depending on the warmth of your kitchen.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface, and shape it into an 8-inch log. Place the log in the lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, cover loosely with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the bread to rise for about 60 minutes, until it’s domed about 1 inch above the edge of the pan.
- Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until it’s light golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on rack before slicing. Store the bread in a plastic bag at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION