King Arthur Sourdough Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 5 cups approximately unbleached all-purpose flour
- butter (optional) or margarine, melted (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add sugar, salt, sourdough starter and flour. Mix well.
- Cover; set in a warm spot and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll out dough to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- If desired, dip both sides in butter. (I skip this step.).
- Place biscuits on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have three children, college age to pre-school. My challenge is to cook nutritious yet delicious food that they will all eat. I still cook most nights of the week and enjoy trying new recipes. I am just learning that not everything has to be "from scratch" and it is okay to take a shortcut here and there. I love to bake bread and even own a mill to grind my own wheat. I still look for quick week night recipes and love to make a big Sunday dinner.