Key West Flank Steak
photo by Barenakedchef
- Ready In:
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 key limes, halved
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine onion, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add lime halves. Rub steak with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to bowl; turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade and limes in bowl. Place reserved marinade in a food processor; process until chopped chopped.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 6-8 minutes per side. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing steak across the grain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!