Katie Couric's Lemon Bars
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, sliced into 8 pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 13"x9" baking pan; set aside.
- In a food processor, blend confectioners' sugar, 2 cups flour and salt.
- Add butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, 2 cups sugar, 6 teaspoons flour and lemon juice until well combined.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Pour this mixture on top of baked mixture; bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with sifted confectioners' (powdered) sugar.
- Cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were so good. I made them for a quick afternoon snack, and we really enjoyed them with a pot of fresh brewed hot coffee. For the lemon juice, I used fresh squeezed which was a really good choice because the lemon bars had such a zesty lemon touch. Very delicious recipe, westtextazzy. Made for 2013 Football Pool week 2.
Made as written for your Wk 2 Football Pool win for a family dinner last nite, these lemon bars really are delicious as you advertised. They were more popular w/the adults & the kids not surprisingly favored the gooey chocolate dessert. I suggest buttering the baking pan liberally (vs lightly) & use extra care to spread the dough on the bottom layer well into the corners. My corner pieces stuck to the baking pan & were a bit hard to cut & serve, but the others were fine. My DH was up during the night having 1 of these lovely lemon treats. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us & CONGRATS on your Football Pool win.