photo by MrsJ492
- Ready In:
- 1 lb kale
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (or extruded through garlic press)
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into short strips
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup toasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve
- Wash kale. Pull greens away from the stalks, discarding stalks. Shred by hand into small pieces.
- Heat large wok . Add oil and swirl around. Add onion & leek and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add garlic, bell peppers & carrot. Continue stir-frying until onions are tender and peppers are beginning to soften but still crisp.
- Add the broccoli and pepper flakes, if using.and stir. Add the kale, cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until kale is tender, but still crisp, not too soft.
- Remove lid and let any excess liquid evaporates. Use two forks to mix the bean sprouts through the other ingredients. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving plate and scatter nuts over the top, and serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!