Kaffeebröd - Swedish Tea Ring
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A beautiful coffee cake. For a twist, add 1 cup chopped dried fruit before rolling. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 compressed yeast cakes
- 1⁄4 cup water (lukewarm)
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- nuts, chopped
- Heat milk to scalding and pour over butter sugar and salt; let cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast and let dissolve.
- Add eggs.
- Beat in flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Form into a bowl and place in a greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- When risen, punch down and divide in two.
- Roll into rectangular sheets about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll in jelly roll fashion and form into rings.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and cut with scissors at one inch intervals almost through the ring and turn the slices slightly.
- Cover and let rise until double.
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Mix the confectioners sugar and milk together until a smooth glaze is formed.
- While warm, frost with glaze and sprinkle with nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION