Jiffy Pinwheel Cookies
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package jiffy pie crust mix
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package jiffy brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup melted chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all white batter ingredients together. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix dry ingredients for chocolate batter together.
- Add remaining chocolate batter ingredients and mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll white batter onto floured surface into an 8x10 rectangle.
- Place chicolate batter over white batter evenly. Roll up like a jelly roll.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is now on the Jiffy Pie Mix boxes. They have added 2 TBS sour cream. Also suggest using cookie cutters and frosting (if desired). I was in a hurry and using this as I didn't have butter (I MUCH prefer sugar cookies made with real BUTTER). I just rolled in logs, sliced, and sprinkled PRIOR to baking. I only made the white batter. Today's box says to cook for 8-10 minutes. This recipe says 12-15 which is rigt on target.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small quiet town (you know the type...like Mayberry! :) I have a wonderful husband and have been married since October of 2004. We live with my mom and dad at the moment since we have a new addition to our family. Our baby boy Joseph was born March 22, 2007. But we are soon moving into our own place. Our favorite foods are fish, pasta, and vegetables of any kind. We are just a country cooking couple!