Jessica Reid’s Famous Blueberry Two Layer Cake
photo by Jessica
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 two layer cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Mix egg and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to cream mixture, alternating with the liquid.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into two round 9 inch silicone baking pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Directions for Frosting:
- Place the blueberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed.
- Beat together the butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners' sugar.
- After all the powdered sugar is added, beat until well-combined.
- Add the almond extract and the blueberry puree.
- Mix until just blended. If the consistency looks too thin, add a bit more confectioners’ sugar. The frosting should be thick and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use (refrigeration will also help it thicken).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!