Jerusalem Salad (Salata Kudsiyeh)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 small pickling cucumbers, such as Kirby cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups of finely chopped romaine lettuce hearts, packed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sesame paste, plus more if needed (tahini)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, bell peppers, and lettuce in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, vinegar, salt, and pepper together until the dressing is creamy and pale. If the dressing is too thick, gradually and a little water, whisking, until it reaches the desired consistency. If it is too thin, gradually add more tahini.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss thoroughly to coat. Serve immediately, to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!