- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter loaf pan, line bottom with parchment or wax paper. Butter paper, dust pan with flour; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, molasses, honey and brown sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla; beat to combine (it may separate slightly and look funny but don't worry).
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Fold into batter with rubber spatula.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes. If using mini-loaf pans bake time about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn out out of pan and peel off paper. If not serving immediately, cool completely before wrapping.
- If you wanted to gild the lily you could drizzle a lemon glaze over the top or frost with a cream cheese frosting or some good ole whipped cream would be marvelous.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!