Jalapeno Popper Burger
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 ground beef (80% lean)
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup crispy fried jalapeno (such as Frenchs brand)
- 1⁄2 cup crispy fried onions (such as Frenchs brand)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- In a mixing bowl, hand mix ground beef with diced jalapenos, cumin, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a clean small bowl mix cream cheese and cheddar jack with a spoon. Form 4 balls about the size of a ping-pong ball. Flatten into disks and refrigerate.
- Pan sear or grill burgers 4-5 minutes on one side, flip, top each burger with a cheese disc and cook an additional 4-5 minutes (or until the burger’s center reaches 160°F using an instant-read thermometer).
- Mix fried jalapenos and fried onions. Place each burger on a bun’s bottom half, top with fried jalapeno-onion mixture and bun’s top half.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!