Jalapeno Popper Burger
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Certified Angus Beef
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 ground beef (80% lean)
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup crispy fried jalapeno (such as Frenchs brand)
- 1⁄2 cup crispy fried onions (such as Frenchs brand)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- In a mixing bowl, hand mix ground beef with diced jalapenos, cumin, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a clean small bowl mix cream cheese and cheddar jack with a spoon. Form 4 balls about the size of a ping-pong ball. Flatten into disks and refrigerate.
- Pan sear or grill burgers 4-5 minutes on one side, flip, top each burger with a cheese disc and cook an additional 4-5 minutes (or until the burger’s center reaches 160°F using an instant-read thermometer).
- Mix fried jalapenos and fried onions. Place each burger on a bun’s bottom half, top with fried jalapeno-onion mixture and bun’s top half.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION