Jalapeno Passion Margarita
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce jalapeno syrup (recipe below)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- sugar (for the rim of a cocktail glass~optional) or salt (for the rim of a cocktail glass~optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds if want less spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Jalapeno Syrup: Make in advance. In a small pan, combine the jalapeno, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Strain the syrup. Cool in refrigerator about 15 minutes.
- For the drink: Rim glass with sugar or salt, if desired. Mix remaining ingredients together with ice; shake and strain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!