Jalapeño Popper Chicken Roulades
photo by Heather N.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese or 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup two percent cheddar cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- 2 minced jalapenos with seeds (remove seeds for less heat)
- 4 slices crispy bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (or whole wheat for a healthier version)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallion
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place panko in a pan on medium heat and toast until golden brown.
- Place toasted panko in a shallow bowl and mix in taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Beat egg and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno, bacon crumbles and scallion in a bowl.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise turning each breast into 2 pieces. Lightly pound each piece out until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Salt and pepper each chicken piece.
- Divide and spread cheese mixture down the center of each chicken piece. Roll into a roulade and secure top and both ends with toothpicks.
- Brush each piece with egg mixture and coat in panko, being sure to cover all sides.
- Place baking rack over a foil lined cookie sheet. Place each chicken roulade on the rack toothpick side up.
- Bake on 400 for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Don't forget to KISS the cook!! :D I love to experiment with food. I love bold flavors. I love to cook and find it especially pleasing when I have someone special to cook for. ? 8726894"