I've Got the Rum in the Coconut Shrimp
Catchy title, ugh? Easy grilled shrimp seasoned with coconut rum, ginger and lime. Feel free to make a coconut rum drink while cooking shrimp, after all it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Posted for ZWT5, Caribbean.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger (fresh-grated)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- In a glass dish, combine shrimp,rum,brown sugar,ginger,lime juice,zest,soy and garlic; cover and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill shrimp, basting with reserved marinade and turning them once, until just cooked through, about 6 minute
- Slide shrimp from skewers, shrimp can be served hot or warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These shrimp are delicious! I loved the flavor of the coconut from the rum and was surprised how much it came through. I made a half recipe and we just devoured them. I reduced the ginger a bit because I don't like it overly strong. I served this with jasmine rice and grilled zucchini. The only change I might make would be to add a little bit of red pepper flakes for some zing. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 7 for the Food.commandosReply
see 11 more