Italian Wedding Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (I use Italian, use plain if you wish)
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) box farfalle pasta (bow ties)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 15 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a jelly roll pan or line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, use hands to mix chicken, bread crumbs, parsley, pepper, salt, garlic, egg, and 1/4 C of the cheese until blended. Shape into about 36 1-inch meatballs. Place on pan and bake about 18 minutes or until done. Leave oven on for end of recipe.
- Meanwhile, heat large pot of water to boiling. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes less than package directs. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
- Whisk cornstarch into milk. Add milk mixture and broth to pasta in pot. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute to thicken sauce slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach, 1/2 C grated Romano, and some freshly ground pepper. Once cheese is melted and spinach is well wilted, gently stir in meatballs.
- Transfer pasta to 3-quart glass, stoneware, or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 C grated Romano. Bake 20 minutes or until hot in the center and turning golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!