Italian Cheese Toast
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 red peppers, roasted and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf French bread
- Remove sausage from casing and brown.
- Put sausage on paper towels to drain.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and cook until soft.
- Add sausage back to pan with peppers and mushrooms.
- Mix cream cheese and mayonaise together until no lumps, then mix in Monteray Jack cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Split bread lengthwise and put garlic and butter on it and bake until golden and crusty.
- Add sausage mixture and top with cheese.
- Either leave out on counter until ready to bake off, or bake immediately in a 375 degree oven until nice and melted. DELICIOUS.
- Slice into wedges or triangles and put on platter to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!