Italian Biscotti Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cut up almonds
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons anise flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 3 tablespoons anise seed
- In mixer blend butter and sugar, add eggs, one at a time and mix together. Add whiskey, vanilla, anise flavor and mix.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and gradually add to above mixture. Blend well.
- By hand, mix in nuts and anise seed -- MIx well.
- On a greased cookie sheet, using two spatulas, make rows of dough about 1 1/2 inches wide, more or less. Use spatualr to make somewhat of a roll.
- Bake 350 degrees, about 20 minutes, until light brown. Take out and cool a bit (put next batch i9n oven.
- Slice first batch in diagonal slices, arrange cookies on each side, put back in oven and bake each side for 10-15 min ( until brown).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher and mother of two grown children. I enjoy cooking, especially cookies. I also enjoy line dancing, scrap booking, Bunco, gardening, lighthouses, reading and taking walks with my husband. I have a beautiful granddaughter and a handsome grandson. Both are under the age of five.