Instant Pot Spicy Sesame Rice Bowls
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup korean red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut against grain into very thin 2-inch long slices
- 12 ounces medium shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 seedless English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 6 cups cooked white rice, hot
- thinly sliced green onion (to taste)
- shredded carrot (to taste)
- cabbage kimchi (to taste)
- sesame seeds (to taste)
- In large bowl, whisk red pepper paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and 1/4 cup of water until smooth; set aside 1/2 cup of sauce. To bowl with remaining sauce, add beef and pinch salt, tossing to coat. Let stand at least 10 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
- Add beef to pressure-cooker pot along with mushrooms. Cover, lock and bring up to pressure on high. Reduce heat to medium-low, maintaining pressure. Cook 10 minutes.
- While beef cooks, toss cucumber with vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; set aside.
- Release pressure by using quick-release function. Divide spinach among 6 serving bowls; top each with 1 cup of rice. Drain cucumbers. Top rice with beef, mushrooms, cucumbers, green onions, carrots, kimchi and sesame seeds; drizzle with reserved sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!