Indian Lower-Fat Naan
photo by deinemuse
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 4 ounces I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix together. (Mixer with dough hook makes it go fast).
- Add 1/2 yogurt and mix, then add more and more till dough forms into formed ball. You want it not to be too dry and not sticky.
- Rest dough in bowl for 30-60 minutes.
- Split apart dough into golf ball size balls.
- Prepare a flat surface with extra flour and dust a ball and roll it out to a 3-6 inch wide piece.
- Once all pieces are done start a pan up at medium heat.
- Spray with butter spray on back and forward. Best to use clean hands and apply light butter to each side evenly.
- Place on pan and wait for bubbles to appear (if cooking too fast turn down).
- Check bottom for color and then flip.
- Sometimes I flip again to enhance bubbles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, especially ethnic foods. I also try to make foods low in calorie and fat for all of us dieters out there. Thanks for all of you who post recipes up for me to try!