Indian Ice Cream Cake
photo by MMs4949
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups crushed whole wheat indian cookies
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 3 cups mango ice cream
- 3 cups full cream ice cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water for caramel
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- In a large bowl combine the cookie crumbs, elaichi and butter. Press 1 cup onto the bottom of a greased glass dish that is flat bottomed.
- You could also use a 9 inch springform pan. Spoon the mango ice-cream into the pan smoothen the surface with a spatula.
- Freeze this for an hour until firm.
- Meanwhile melt the sugar, brown sugar with a little water to make a light brown caramel. Drop in the slivered almonds and toss well.
- Spread onto a greased sheet or foil so that it does not form a lump. Cool. Crush lightly without powdering the almonds.
- Remove the pre-prepared frozen layer in the pan from the freezer.
- Repeat layers with remaining cookie crumbs and pour the lightly softened Malai Kulfi onto it. Spread evenly.
- Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with the toffee almond that you caramelized and has cooled completely by now.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight or until firm.
- To use the frozen cake- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving and drizzle with caramel syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!